Role: Project Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Location: 34 King St West, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Ontario
Travel Requirement: 0-10%
Hours (subject to change): 40 hours per week.
Due to the nature of the position, additional hours may be required.
Who we are:
Simpatico Intelligent Systems is a Toronto-based company with a clear mission to make
it easy for health organizations of all sizes to deliver interoperable applications
quickly. We are transforming the next generation of shared health data with our
clinical data repository, Smile CDR.
Smile CDR is a complete clinical data repository built around the HL7 FHIR standard
that is used for storing health records. It includes out-of-the-box enterprise-grade
capabilities for terminology, security, audit and compliance, Lucene-based search,
HL7 v2 to FHIR conversion, and much more. It supports all FHIR resource types, the
complete REST API, versioning, soft deletes, and other useful features. It targets
enterprises, research organizations, application developers, consultants and
integrators. The modular design of Smile CDR means that you can customize the system
to any configuration you can dream up. The possibilities are endless.
Who we are looking for:
Simpatico is looking for a Project Analyst to support our Project Management Office
and technical delivery. The Project Analyst is primarily accountable for end to end
delivery and execution of smaller scale business or technology projects or leads work
packages of moderate size and complexity, providing support in all project activities.
- Lead simple-to-moderately complex projects of small-to-medium scope
- Lead work packages of moderate size and complexity
- Support the development of detailed program plans, work breakdown structures, schedules, budgets,
staffing plans, and status reports.
- Provide project support to assigned infrastructure or system implementation efforts; coordinate
system design, build implementation, and testing within larger, more complex projects as assigned
- Conduct requirements gathering, gap analysis, as well as workflow and process redesign
- Assist with RFI/RFP development and evaluation
- Conduct all project planning activities in an expedient and efficient manner
- Use individual judgment to solve problems, identify risks, and address issues
- Apply change management techniques within a complex stakeholder environment to facilitate positive
- May act as a working lead to other project team members
- Regularly interface with appropriate stakeholders to build and maintain strong relationships and
ensure smooth transition of solutions throughout the project lifecycle.
- Producing high quality graphics, forms, reports and presentations
- Assisting the project manager with project coordinating steering committee meetings, project events,
financial management and other related communication activities.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree required in Health Informatics, Computer Science,
Engineering, Business or related field
- Minimum 2-4 years industry experience, or more
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, waterfall and iterative methodologies; Agile and Scrum certification is
- Experience in electronic health records or systems implementation projects
- Working knowledge of project management (project planning, implementation, evaluation, risk
assessment, benefits realization) and applicable industry experience in leading projects that support client groups such as Health Care, Pharmaceutical, Finance, Human Resources, etc.
- Excellent analytical, financial and reporting skills
- Experience in business systems analysis and/or problem resolution, proven knowledge and judgement in escalating issues when needed
- Excellent problem recognition and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent customer relations and support service skills
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, prioritization, and organization skills
- Ability to effectively operate computer, software, and peripheral equipment, i.e., Windows/Mac, MS
Office, Mail/Outlook, MS Project, GSuite
- Ability to perform standard application testing (unit testing), data analysis and/or system
- Excellent presentation, technical writing, and/or training skills
- Experience with workflow analysis, systems testing and project schedules
- Change management training or experience is an asset
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and interact efficiently with teams, stakeholders and clients
To apply for this role, please email your cover letter and resume to
by February 22, 2019.